WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM NORTHWEST!

On August 15, 2008 I was at Erie International Airport going through the TSA check point where I was stopped and directed to check my bag into NWA luggage due to liquids/hairgel in my bag. They started the boarding process for my flight to Detroit (layover) so I hurried and ran to the ticket counter, good thing Erie is such a small airport. I hurriedly checked my bag and ran to TSA and then to the gate to catch my flight (NW 5818).

I arrived in Raleigh and headed directly to the baggage claim. I was standing where the bags come out since I was in a hurry to catch my ride to my destination. As my bag came out, I saw it was opened and immediately panicked because I remembered that my digital camera was in there. I then searched my bag and the camera was not inside my bag. I headed directly to the Northwest baggage office where I spoke with Loreana (spelling).

I walked into the office and explained to her that my bag was opened and that my camera has been taken out of my bag. She in return stated “what do you want me to do about it?” I was a little drawn back by her statement and then asked her to take a claim for me. She stated that I did not have a right to file a claim because it was an “electronic item and Northwest is not responsible”. I then told her that she needs to take a claim because one of their employees went through my bag, no TSA card was in there to show my bag was randomly searched and my camera was gone. I continued to explain that I only fly with Northwest and am a loyal customer and would like some assistance. She stated back to me, “Then go fly a different airline, I am not responsible for this”. I was now starting to get upset and told her I will just call customer service. She told me to go ahead, she did not care because they would tell me the same thing.

I called customer service on the way to Durham and they apologized on how I was treated, she (Melissa, agent sign ME) asked if she could place me on hold while she spoke with her manger, I told her that it would not be a problem. After she returned, she told me that I needed to go back to the airport and tell the lady there that I was to file a claim and she was to take the claim. She told me that Northwest would take care of this problem since I am a loyal customer. I explained that I had to be somewhere and if I could go back to the airport tomorrow, Melissa stated that would not be a problem.

The following day, August 16, 2008, after my appointment in Durham, I pursued back to the airport, to my luck, the same generous lady (Loreana) was working. I went over the conversation that I had with customer service. Loreana then reached in her desk and read a pamphlet to me as if I were in Kindergarten stating that Northwest is not responsible. I replied, “I do not care what it says, customer service stated I am to file a claim and it will be handled, start typing.” She then started to take the claim and said she will deny it as soon as it is filed. She then asked for my baggage tag which I did not know I needed to have, she told me, “oh well come back tomorrow then with it.” I told her my flight was at 8:50 AM and I will be here at 6:30 AM to do so.

I came back the following day at 6:45 AM to file my claim and then to catch my flight to return home. There was a different lady working that morning, I am not sure on her name but she was a younger Arab lady. I explained the whole situation as well as the experience that I have had so far with Northwest over this mishap. She then refused to take a claim and said that I would be able to fill out a lost and found card. I was now on my last nerve with rude customer service. I told her that it’s not a lost or found issue, my camera was stolen by your baggage employee and probably at the employee’s house most likely on e-bay by now. I then told her that customer service said I was to file a claim and to do so. She came back with, “You only had 24hrs to file“, and I explained that I have been trying to file it for a day and a half now. Finally she got fed up and said she is calling her manager and I asked her to please do so. Her manager then told her she is to take the claim. I finally filed the claim and left to go catch my flight. As I was leaving she said they will not be able to do anything on the claim division end, I ignored her and walked on.

Now on September 8, 2008, they notified me and stated they will not replace my camera that one of their employees stole and only said, sorry for how you were treated.

WORST customer care/service for an AirLine I ever saw.

Had an Experience with Northwest Airlines?

Comments

have had similar experience with the "great cust serv at nw", our trip started at 6 hrs and ended up with 18 hrs.wife is blind and no wheelchairs at any of the stops, she was seated next to some fat guy that took 2 seats,(or needed to), next stop seated next to a drunk that kept laying on her, and to top it all off they lost our bags for 3 days.

when i talked to the manager of green bay, he said "he was so sorry about the whole incident," but that "it would be a good learning experience for his crew" (at green bay), but that all he could do for us was to offer us a $100 voucher foir us that would have to be used within a year!!! i asked him if that where his wife if he would except a lousy $100 voucher and he said"i'm sorry sir but that is all the company will allow me to do"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what has happened to the consumer relations with this company??? not even an apology to my wife??

this will never happen again sir??? no non of that.

we can not even get thru to anyone else to talk this over with!!!it seems to me that northwest airlines has just gotten to big for there britches as most of the big corporations have gotten!!